Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Portable PA System Reviews
Weddings, funerals, concerts and conferences, the publication of a book… PA systems are present in many of the most important occasions in our lives.
When planning your event, you know that it is all about being able to communicate with your audience, and connect with the hearts and minds of listeners.
Portable PA systems are the means through which you can communicate with your audience, and arguably the most important aspect of an event.
Nonetheless, not all Portable PA systems are suitable for your situation and event requirements. Understanding what makes for the best portable PA system for your needs can help increase the overall success of your event.
Undeniably, these devices have been subjected to incredible technological advancements in the past years. As a result, today, you can find several high-quality systems that can fit your preferences and needs.
Indeed, portable PA systems that lack power and strength to project, can negatively impact the listening experience. If you are thinking of sharing and delivering your music, or using your portable pa system for a public event, picking the right one becomes even more important.
Portable PA Systems are the primary devices used to amplify your message – which in turn represents the absolute core of your presentation and whether you will reach your audience, or fall short.
Check out our favorite portable PA system:
Undoubtedly portable pa systems can represent a major investment. If you are thinking of buying a makeshift or low-quality one, consider how important it is for your sound system at your event. If you think that sound is indeed important in your case, take a close look at our portable PA system reviews below.
If you need quick answers to your questions, the comparison chart should prove helpful in making many of the details all the easier to access. As we have seen, no one model is the perfect one, but there can be one that is perfect for you, your taste, and your specific needs!
Before you make a purchase, make sure you know what PA system will perform for your needs!
Top Portable PA Systems Comparison Chart
Best Portable PA System
1. Fender Passport Conference Portable PA System Bundle
If you need a portable PA system that is generally considered one of the most efficient, reliable, and durable, you’d do yourself a favor to have a look at the Fender Passport Conference Portable PA System.
Produced by the timeless and universally-respected Fender, this non-battery PA system represents the cutting-edge technology you won’t be able to experience with any other model.
Fenders were one of the international pioneers when it comes down to testing and producing portable PA systems and the Passport Conference PA is the product of decades of fine-tuning.
However, even if the whole PA system is on wheels, in a box, and fits in a smaller case, Fender does not force you to choose between quality and ease of portability and size. The impressive features packed in this portable system are all there for you to discover.
However, as you open the suitcase, you will find two 8″ LF speakers as well as a mixing console that include seven channels. Depending on the nature, type, and size of your event, you can also make the most of specific features with built-in reverb or guitar-specific modes.
The price tag on this state-of-the-art PA system does not make it the first choice for the novice or amateurs. However, for even moderately advanced needs, it checks all the boxes. And after you have invested in such a system, you are likely to keep playing through it for many years to come.
Whether you are playing in a small venue or your audience is as large as hundreds of people, this portable PA system can handle most situations. In terms of convenience, this portable PA system with Bluetooth allows you to connect it to any of your other devices – which eliminates the need for additional storage means.
- All-in-one PA system with five-channel powered mixer and full-range speaker
- 175 watts
- Nine inputs (three XLR, five 1/4", one 1/8" stereo)
- International voltage operation (100- 120-volt/220- 240-volt)
- 1/8" stereo line output with level control
2. Pyle Outdoor Wireless Portable PA System
This portable PA system benefits from a completely different type of configuration. If you are not into having to pack all the pieces of your equipment, today you can save some money on shipping and packing.
This affordable portable PA system has wheels and a handle that are fully retractable for maximum mobility. While it is robust in size and power, you won’t need to mount and dismount all of your equipment at the end of a party.
There are three models of this portable PA system to choose from 400, 600, and 800 watts. While the first is considerably less powerful than the last one, all models are affordable and accessible by amateurs and experts alike.
However, thanks to the Bluetooth compatibility that this model comes with, the two microphones included, and the instant karaoke set up, the Pyle Wireless Portable PA System is perfect for keeping the guests of parties and birthday celebrations entertained and happy.
Unlike the models we have seen above, this system is extremely easy to use by adults and kids. The front side of the device is complete with a front panel where you can choose the settings and modes at any time.
While highly accessible, the front panel is ideal to use for those who are not DJs or not planning to hire one. Everybody can control it and have fun with it!
- 10'' Three-Way Speaker With Woofer, Mid-Range, and Tweeter - LCD Card Reader Display For Number of song & Play Time - 1 Audio Input
- 800 Watts Peak Power - FM Radio With Auto Scan and Presets - Portable Enclosure with Telescoping Handle and Caster Wheels
- Includes 1 Wireless VHF Handheld Microphone and 1 Wireless Lavalier/Headset Microphone - 3.5mm Retractable Cable for Auxillary Input Compatible With Any Digital Music Player - 35mm Speaker Stand Mount Hole
- iPod/iPhone Dock Charges Your Device and Plays Music - Stereo RCA Output and 1/4" Output On Front Panel - RF, Charge, Low Battery, and Power LED Indicators
- USB/SD Card Reader For Digital Music - 2 Microphone Inputs and 1 Guitar Inputs - 110V/220V Switchable. Input Wired Mic-58dB V600. SPL- 94dB (1W/M)
3. Peavey Escort 5000 Portable PA System
This simple portable pa system includes all the base functions you will need in most occasions, such as gigs, parties, birthdays, and outdoor gatherings.
This set is composed of three main devices which include the two speakers. The control device is complete with eight channels and customizable knobs.
While it can seem like an extensive piece of equipment, this portable PA system provides for a good number of inputs and outputs, and also fits in a single case, which makes it much easier to carry it around with you.
This characteristic versatility makes it ideal if your event takes place in different places, and you would have a PA system that fits in the trunk of your car. However, if you wish to lend it to your friends and just use it to spice up your next outdoor birthday party, you can easily carry it with you without additional preparations.
If you are skeptical about how long this device will last you, you should keep in mind that it has been designed and produced by Peavey. The company was founded in 1955, and it is today the largest supplier of musical instruments and devices in the world.
The reputation of this company is so respectable that it is natural to trust nearly any device it produces. However, in the case of the Peavey Escort 5000, you are not wrong to trust it!
If you are in the market for a portable PA, this model is worth a close look. You can also check the portable pa system reviews for this item to see why buyers are so in love with it!
- 500 Watts (250 x2)
- Two-way speaker system with 10 woofer
- 8 channels
- Custom rubberized knobs
- 7 combination XLR 1/4 inputs
4. LyxPro Active Portable PA Speaker System
The LyxPro Active Portable PA Speaker System is one of the most popular models, and it has become so loved because of its efficiency and affordability.
Indeed, experts and bands have opted for this model before. But amateurs and novices can afford the price of this system without having to see an extraordinary income from their music. Both characteristics have made this mode extremely loved in the music community.
However, you should not let the small size and reduced price of this device fool you. It provides high-quality, clear sounds and the performances of a much pricier device. This portable PA system with Bluetooth connection allows you to connect your speaker to another device for backing tracks, background music, sound tracks, or information on your event.
The look and shape of this device make you think that it has been designed for amateurs who are not as willing to pack a much bigger device. Indeed, the compact features and reduced size make it perfect to fit anywhere and carry it with you anywhere you go.
While compact and characterized by clean lines, the box includes two microphone transmitters, which are handled and wireless. The remote control that helps you control the device is also wireless.
Lastly, since this is a portable PA system with a wireless mics, you can expect to enjoy all the freedom of movement on the stage that only much more exclusive systems would offer you.
In terms of usage, this portable PA system is perfect for most occasions. While buyers have used it successfully during birthdays and parties, it can also be helpful when delivering a presentation or speaking at a conference.
Lastly, this is one of the few devices that allow you to enjoy multiple connections with other phones and tablets. This characteristic also allows you to link up multiple speakers and devices for an even more enhanced listening and playing experience.
- CLEAR SOUND PERFORMANCE WITH BLUETOOTH CONNECTION : LyxPro Battery Speaker Comes with a Professional powered 12 Inch Powerful Active DJ/PA Amplifier System – Connect your favorite Music to the Built in Bluetooth connection from your Phone, or Music Player
- ENJOY ALL THE EXTRA ACCESSORIES INCLUDED : Box includes 2 wireless hand-held Microphone transmitters with inputs sing along with your favorite Singer or Music + Wireless Remote control + Built-in 4 Hour rechargeable battery
- GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION AND LOCATION : Enjoy endless great music playing and listening to your favorite Music , indoor or outdoor party, or speaking to an audience - Compact and lightweight to carry around with the Carry Wheels for indoor and outdoor use
- MULTIPLE EASY CONNECTIONS : Easily connects to your phone with the Built in Bluetooth, Onboard intuitive music controls for Mp3 EQ control Section, SD Card Slot & USB Input, R/L RCA Inputs w/Per-Input Level Knobs, XLR 1/4" Inputs with Mic/Line switch
- LINK MULTIPLE SPEAKERS AT ONCE : With a simple XLR Cable you can daisy chain multiple active / Passive speakers with one easy setup to your favorite instrument or microphone - 100% Customer Satisfaction GUARANTEED
5. ION Audio Block Rocker Plus Portable PA Speaker
Another one of the best portable PA systems on the market this year is the ION Audio Block Rocker. This box is complete with a led display that is easy to read and make the whole controlling process of the device much more straightforward.
Even in this case, the low price makes it extremely affordable. In terms of wattage, there are only three models available today – 50, 100, and 100 with echo dot cradle.
The wide dispersion and the ideal sound this speaker produces has made it the most popular one among amateurs. Since it is affordable, light to transport, and easy to set up and control, it makes for the perfect addition to any outdoor party – without a huge financial commitment!
While it does not compromise performances, this device boasts a 50-hour battery and the ability to connect with Bluetooth devices such as your phone or laptop. USB ports and cables are also available as an addition for the main block of the PA system.
- Dynamic, powerful sound 8 inch woofer and wide dispersion tweeter deliver clear, lifelike sound; A 100 watt peak power amplifier pumps up the volume and a Bass Boost button instantly cranks up the low end
- Ultra-portable centerpiece for your gathering rugged plastic enclosure featuring a telescoping handle, wheels and two conveniently located carrying handles; Plus, a microphone is included for public speaking, karaoke and more
- Long life battery 50 hour rechargeable battery for nonstop fun, plus a USB port is included for charging smartphones, tablets and more
- Connectivity covered send your music to block rocker plus from any Bluetooth enabled device and control playback via dedicated Bluetooth track controls (play/pause, next, back).
- No Bluetooth No problem A 1/8 inch (3.5 millimeter) aux input is also included for non Bluetooth devices as well as an on board AM/FM radio
Top Portable PA System Features To Consider
If you are looking for the best portable PA system, there are so many models on the market that it is easy to be overwhelmed by choice. The ones we have seen above are an excellent starting point for your purchase. However, it might happen that the best system for you is not on the list. In this case, you can shop for it, but you have to ensure that it meets some basic requirements.
Input options are a vitally important characteristic you should check into before committing to buying a system. These can be at the front of the device, at the back, or on the sides. However, it is essential to check what inputs your model has. Ideally, these will be compatible with the devices you already have. If you are planning to use a backing track you have crafted, or play on top of a recording, it is essential to ensure that both devices are compatible and can work for your benefit.
Firstly, it should be lightweight, easy to transport and carry. Having a PA system that is fixed or difficult to move around might cause you to not use it as much as you wanted to. Moreover, sometimes, you might need to fit it in others’ car boots.
Additionally, the length and life of the battery is something to keep in mind. The last thing you want is for the battery of your system to drop dead mid-way through the party. If this happens, you are seriously compromising the success of the event! Luckily, many devices have a battery capacity of 50 hours or music play as a minimum.
The way you will use your PA system is also an important factor to consider. If you are in a band or musical group, you might need to keep in mind that good audio quality is at the core of what you do. However, if you are only attempting to entertain a group of young adults at a birthday, you might prioritize weight and size rather than sound quality.
In most cases, professional portable PA systems can be more expensive than the ones for amateurs. Price and budget is something that should reflect on your lifestyle and goals.
Gears such as microphones and headphones should ideally be included in the price of the system. However, in the case of a less expensive model, it is rare for buyers to benefit from all these accessories. Oppositely, if you have already saved on the portable PA system, you can invest a little more to these additions for your kids.
Final thoughts on Portable PA Systems
Due to the music sectors’ technological advancements of recent years in the field, most portable PA systems on the market are suitable for anybody’s needs – from experts to novices. However, even if a PA is considered one of the best PA systems on the market, this does not make that specific model the best one for your lifestyle and needs. Starting by looking at less expensive models and considering what features are essential for your needs will allow you to better understand how they all work before you make a purchase.