Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Outdoor Wireless Speakers Reviewed
Achieving the rich sound of an indoor speaker system can feel just about impossible with many of the outdoor wireless speakers available online.
There always seems to be new speaker options hitting the market nowadays. With the hardware behind these devices getting cheaper, more and more companies are able to make their own outdoor wireless speakers, leaving the market saturated.
Whether they peak and distort when they get too loud, don’t provide enough bass or treble, or simply don’t sound very good, cheap wireless speakers can take the fun out of listening to music.
Buying the best high-quality wireless outdoor speakers will always come with plenty of benefits, making it well worth spending a little extra to get what you want.
Cheaper speakers tend to use old Bluetooth standards that aren’t as fast as those found on higher-quality devices. This means that the music your transmit to them will be at a lower bitrate, lowering the overall quality of the music you’re listening to.
We’ve taken the time to review some of Amazon’s most popular outdoor waterproof speakers, giving you the chance to escape the learning curve that can come with choosing products like this.
Each of these speakers comes with its own features and benefits, but we’ve also included a handy guide to let you know what to look for if you decide to shop for your own.
Choosing the best outdoor speakers can be a big challenge, but you can find some of our favorites to get you started below.
Check out our favorite Outdoor Wireless Speaker
Top Outdoor Wireless Speaker Comparison Chart
Best Outdoor Wireless Speakers
JBL is one of the best-known speaker companies in the world. Their outdoor wireless speakers are often the first to include new features, and the Pulse 4 is no different. Featuring a unique 360-degree speaker array, these speakers are sure to fill your outdoor spaces with sound, while also making it extremely easy to get set up.
The Pulse 4 also incorporates LED lighting into its design. You can choose from a range of different presets, all of which will make the lights react differently to the music you play.
Up to 99 JBL partyboost-compatible speakers can be used at once with the Pulse 4, giving you plenty of room for growth when you choose this option.
Boasting IPX7 waterproofing, a 12-hour battery life, and a powerful smartphone app to control it all, this small waterproof outdoor speaker is ideal for all sorts of outdoor environments.
With almost 500 positive reviews on Amazon, it’s easy to see that this offering from JBL is a crowd-pleaser.
Of course, as with any product, there are a couple of downsides to the JBL Pulse 4. The speaker itself is quite small, limiting its volume and the punch it can create.
Alongside this, this speaker is also quite expensive compared to similar options, coming in at around $250 at the time of writing.
- DAZZLING 360 DEGREES LED LIGHTS: Pulse 4 shines through the night with an amazing, high-resolution 360-degree LED lightshow.
- POWERFUL JBL ORIGINAL PRO SOUND: Pulse 4 delivers JBL Signature Sound in every direction with its ingenious 360 degree speaker array.
- 12 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Ready to get your groove on? Pulse 4 delivers up 12 hours of battery life on a single charge.
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly stream music from your phone, tablet, or any other Bluetooth-enabled device, with up to 40ft wireless range.
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Bring your speakers anywhere. Pool party? Perfect. Sudden cloudburst? Covered. Bash on the beach? Pulse 4 is IPX7 waterproof for fearless outdoor entertainment.
These OSD Audio speakers bring new meaning to “rocking out”. Made to look like rocks and be disguised in your garden, these small speakers are perfect for anyone looking for a discrete option that doesn’t need to be portable.
Each speaker and the power supply they use are waterproof with an IP67 rating.
These speakers aren’t truly wireless, as you have to use a mains power supply to make them work.
They still have Bluetooth, though, and this means that you won’t have to deal with the pain of missing or tangled cables when you want to get some music on. These speakers can be set 8 to 12 feet apart to achieve true stereo sound.
It’s hard to ignore the fact that these speakers are designed to look like rocks. To some, this will be a big turn-off, but it could be a great feature for others.
Those who have spent a long time working to make their garden look great will appreciate the chance to preserve the look while still getting great sound quality.
Like the JBL Pulse 4, these speakers certainly come with some downsides. They are only covered for 30-days after you purchase them, making it hard to get your money back if they break down the line.
Alongside this, they can also take some time to install, as you will have to find a place to feed the wiring.
- APPEARANCE: The BTR805-Grey is a fun and unique speaker that is designed to seamlessly integrate into your garden, patio, porch, lawn or other favorite outdoor environment due to its realistic rock appearance.
- OUTDOOR: The BTR805-Grey outdoor bluetooth speaker is ideal for filling large backyard or patios not just with a seamless design to blend in with your home landscape, but with surround sound.
- SOUND QUALITY: This wireless outdoor rock speaker features a cone woofer and 1” soft dome tweeter to have better bass and clear high ends. Have the speakers 8 to 12 feet apart for the best stereo dispersion.
- DURABLE: With IP67 grade power supply, the power supply is waterproof for better outdoor durability. It is fabricated to withstand rain, temperatures and other harsh weather conditions without compromising sound quality.
- CABLE: The pairing speaker is connected to the master speaker using the provided 10 foot speaker cable in the kit. The master speaker has the internal stereo amplifier plus built in wireless bluetooth receiver.
Few wireless outdoor speakers can compare to the raw power of the Bose S1 Pro portable speaker system. Taking the form of a PA system, rather than a typical speaker, the S1 Pro is designed for more than simply listening to music.
Featuring three XLR combination ports that can be used with microphones, keyboards, and other instruments, these wireless speakers can be used to play along to music via Bluetooth or even host your own karaoke. This makes them ideal for use at parties and other events that might need some fun along the way.
The S1 Pro features an 11-hour battery with a pass-through so that you can continue to use the speakers while they charge.
Alongside this, they also come with EQ controls, a USB port for firmware updates, and a sophisticated array of sensors that enable the speakers to adapt themselves based on the position you have them sitting in.
The biggest downside that comes with these speakers is the size. While they come with a handle to make it easier to carry them, they still weigh a whopping 15.5 pounds.
This won’t give you the same portability of an option like the JBL Pulse 4, though you will get much louder sound as a result. This speaker can easily handle large gatherings.
- Big sound from a rugged speaker that goes where you do
- This portable Bluetooth PA system is made for parties, outdoor get-together, and all those times that deserve better sound
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing and inputs for a microphone or musical instrument such as a keyboard or guitar
- Built-in sensors and multiple aiming positions for optimal sound in any nearly position
- Get up to 11 hours of play time with the rechargeable, lithium-ion battery
Pyle has long been a household name amongst audio enthusiasts, and these wall-mounted waterproof speakers reflect the quality that this brand has come to be known for.
Designed to be mounted on a wall either inside or outside, these speakers bring few thrills to the table. Instead, they are simply designed and made to suit a purpose.
Equipped with large woofers, Bluetooth 3.0, and the ability to add passive speakers into the mix, these speakers are ideal for those looking for big sound on a budget.
Everything from the mesh grill to the 12v power supply has been waterproofed to ensure that it can all live outside.
Much like the OSD rock speakers we looked at earlier, this offering from Pyle is not truly wireless, as you need a power cable for it.
These speakers get the poorest reviews of all of the options we’ve looked at. While this shouldn’t be taken as an absolute, it’s worth taking note that many users have found these speakers to be weaker than advertised.
Amazon makes it nice and easy to return products if you’re not happy with them, though.
- Includes (2) speakers (Active & passive speaker system) marine grade waterproof construction
- Bluetooth wireless music streaming works with all of your favorite devices digital amplifier; 8 Ohm impedance
- 6.5 inches woofers 1.0 inches dome tweeter full range stereo sound gold plated speaker binding post
- Includes power adapter & speaker connection cables rugged wall mountable design 300 watt
- Ability to daisy chain active speaker to passive speaker as stereo system indoor/outdoor use
It’s time to look at another pair of rock speakers, though this option from Innovative Technology is truly wireless.
Not only do these speakers have the ability to power themselves through small solar panels, but they can also connect to one another without the need for cables.
If the sun isn’t bright enough to power them, you can still use a power charger to get these wireless outdoor speakers working again.
The IPX4 rating means that you can keep these speakers outside without worrying about them, while the 33 feet of Bluetooth range will make it easy to enjoy music while moving around.
The battery can last for more than 50 hours with the help of the sun, giving you days of listening time out of your speakers.
Much like the wall-mounted option from Pyle, these speakers don’t have the best reviews on Amazon.
Some users have had a lot of success, finding these speakers to suit their garden perfectly.
Others, though, have had much greater issues when trying to get them to work together.
Thankfully, Amazon never leaves you to deal with issues like this alone.
- Outdoor solar charging rock speakers with 10 watts of powerful stereo sound and a waterproof level of Ipx4
- No cords needed! sync your favorite device to the wireless rock speakers via Bluetooth connectivity. Up to 33 feet of range
- Rechargeable battery Lasts for 50 hours (depending on Exposure to Sunlight) and fully recharges in 6 hours (charging cables and power Adaptor included)
- Compatible with all Bluetooth enabled laptops, smartphones, tablets and more
- Realistic rock texture and Weatherproof design makes the rock speakers a great addition to any backyard
Top Outdoor Wireless Speaker Features To Consider
Wireless speakers come in loads of shapes and sizes, but there will always be features that you simply can’t live without.
It’s always worth focusing on these when you first start to look for the outdoor wireless speakers that fit within your budget, giving you the opportunity to remove any options that won’t fit the bill.
Most of the wireless speakers you find on the web that is designed for use outdoors will come with heavy waterproofing to keep them safe against the elements.
The JBL Pulse 4, for example, has IPX7 protection against water, making it possible to dunk the speaker to depths of 3 feet. Speakers without features like this can’t be left outside.
Filling an outdoor space with sound is much harder than filling a room, as you don’t have any walls to contain it.
Outdoor speakers should be loud enough to be heard outside, but they shouldn’t distort or peak when they are pushed to their limits.
Only high-quality speakers will be able to provide their full volume without unpleasant audio artifacts.
There are few things worse than finding yourself having to charge your speakers halfway through a party.
Not only do higher-quality outdoor wireless speakers tend to come with better batteries, but they will also come with more accurate marketing materials that will give you a clearer idea of their battery life.
While not all wireless outdoor speakers need to be portable, this is a feature that many people will benefit from.
Being able to sling your speakers into a bag to take on your outdoor adventures will give them even more value, enabling you to use them a lot more.
Bluetooth technology is incredible, enabling you to send huge amounts of data via a wireless connection that doesn’t need a central hub.
Of course, though, not all Bluetooth devices are born equal. Some of the speakers you find on the market will have higher-quality Bluetooth receivers than their counterparts.
Now that we’ve explored the main features to look out for, it’s time to think about some of the added bonuses that can come with the speakers you choose.
Most of the big brands are creating wireless outdoor speakers that come with an array of specific features.
This makes it worth exploring your options, ensuring that you’re not missing out on features that could prove useful to you in the future.
Some speakers can be connected in large groups and used to play the same music, adding both volume and a wider soundstage to your listening experience.
Whether it’s a rock, piece of wood, or just about anything else, outdoor speakers can be made to look like an array of different objects, disguising and hiding them in plain sight.
Speakers like the JBL Pulse 4 have complex LED arrays inside them that make it possible for them to react to your music with a light show.
Picking the best wireless speakers for your garden and other outdoor spaces can be a challenge.
Many companies produce low-quality options at rock bottom prices, but it can often be worth spending a little bit more to enjoy the much-improved sound quality you’ll get from them.
You just need to make sure that the speakers you choose have the features you want.