Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Home Recording Studio Packages Reviewed
If you are assembling a home recording studio, then you are in for an incredible amount of fun and enjoyment. It really doesn’t get any better than laying down tracks in the comfort of your own home, and modern recording technology is more affordable than ever.
When shopping for the best home recording studio package, it will be very helpful to have a working understanding of what is going to work best for your needs.
It’s worth saying that if you are the technical type that doesn’t mind digging into the details, then audio engineering will have an almost endless amount of discovery and exploration to offer.
Fortunately, you don’t have to be captivated with the nitty-gritty details to use and thoroughly enjoy your home studio recording gear. Manufacturers of audio recording gear have really focused on making both hardware and software as user friendly as possible.
Along with professional quality audio recording, there are so many pros to the small size and easy setup of these audio interface packages. Many touring musicians and artists take advantage of today’s audio interfaces on the tour bus. We love them for recording jam sessions with friends wherever and whenever we can.
With that in mind, we put together an in-depth review of our favorite audio interface bundles. Whether you want to have a small home recording studio, or something mobile that can go wherever you go, we want to help you find the best recording package for your needs.
We cover all the important features to consider so you can make an informed decision, or you can find quick answers to all your questions in the comparison chart below.
Top Home Recording Studio Package Comparison
Best Home Recording Studio Package
The Presonus AudioBox 96 Audio Interface Full Studio Bundle is a professional-grade recording kit containing everything you need to record and produce today. The star of this bundle is the AudioBox USB 96 audio interface, which is capable of handling sample rates of up to 96kHz. Aside from that, you also get a pair of HD7 headphones, monitors, and an M7 microphone. The kit also includes a pop filter, mic stands, stereo cables, and downloadable Studio One software.
At the heart of the AudioBox 96 Studio is the AudioBox USB 96 audio interface. This simple, yet smart audio/MIDI interface has all the essential features for any basic recording needs. Including zero-latency monitoring and two combo mic/instrument inputs, you can plug in to start recording straight away. The Audiobox 96 is built to travel, but it doesn’t sacrifice quality. Being compatible with most recording software and equipped with high-performance preamplifiers makes high-definition recording a breeze.
Without a microphone, recording is impossible. Thankfully, this home recording studio bundle comes with an M7 large-diaphragm condenser microphone. Although you could easily use this kit to film podcasts, condenser mics are a favorite among recording studio professionals. These microphones allow you to capture harmonies and musical details, which might otherwise get lost. If that wasn’t enough, a desktop mic stand, floor mic stand, and pop filter are provided too.
Studio One Artist allows you to work quickly, but stay focused on your sound and inspiration. This software offers access to various features not typically found in entry-level DAWS. Combining this with the studio monitors and headphones provided will make it easy for you to create studio-quality demos, live recordings, and multitrack recordings you can be proud of.
Anyone looking for a traditional home studio recording bundle with everything they need would do well with this one. All included components are of great quality, so they will last you quite some time.
Here is a helpful quick-start video on the Presonus AudioBox 96:
- Get everything you need in one box, and start recording straight away
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal analog mixer
- Studio One Artist is a feature-packed DAW, perfect for recording, mixing, and sharing your music
- Step up to serious, 2-way professional studio monitors with Eris
- LyxPro Studio-Grade Mesh Microphone Pop Filter Improves Vocal Recording Quality & Eliminates Harsh Plosive Sounds
The Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio Pack 2nd Gen & Recording Bundle is a brilliant starting point for any singer-songwriter. This great-value kit contains almost all of the hardware and software you need to record, mix, and monitor the results. With this Scarlett Studio Bundle, you get the Scarlett Studio USB audio interface, as well as a microphone, mic stand, pop filter, studio headphones, and recording software. While not the largest bundle, this setup doesn’t disappoint.
Solo is an entry-level Scarlett audio interface and is ideal for most mobile musicians. Despite being a powerful unit, this interface is pocket-sized, making it easy to carry around. On this audio interface, you will find a mic input, a high-impedance instrument or line input, and a couple of outs for any monitors. Unfortunately, monitors aren’t included in this recording studio setup, which means you might want to add your own. Despite that, the interface delivers quality results.
The microphone included in this home recording studio bundle is a CM25 large diaphragm condenser mic. Like most other condenser mics, this hardware is perfect for capturing crystal clear sound. With a three-meter XLR mic cable and microphone stand included, you can record from wherever you feel most comfortable. Besides the microphone, you will find HP60 a pair of closed-back studio headphones, which are brilliant for blocking out any distracting background noise.
Compatibility is important when any home recording studio is concerned, so you’ll be happy to know that this kit allows you to make studio-quality recordings on PC and Mac. The hardware is also compatible with the downloadable recording software included, as well as many other popular options, like Studio One.
A basic and budget-friendly home recording studio is what you will find in this bundle. However, that doesn’t mean it lacks in quality. Even without monitors included, this setup has everything you need to capture crisp and clean audio.
- Bundle Includes: Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface and Recording Bundle, On Stage MS7701B Euro Boom Microphone Stand (Black), 2 x Knox Gear 25-Feet XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable, and Knox Gear Pop Filter for Broadcasting and Recording Microphones
- Switchable Air Mode: The Scarlett Solo features a single upgraded third-generation Scarlett mic preamp with switchable Air mode to give your vocal and acoustic recordings a brighter and more open sound
- Condenser Microphone: The CM25 MkIII condenser microphone enables you to capture studio-quality recordings that are faithful to the source, while the HP60 MkIII closed-back headphones, with a new improved design, offer high sound quality and long-lasting comfort when recording and mixing
- Instrument Input: Simply plug your guitar or bass into the high-headroom instrument input and start recording without any clipping or unwanted distortion, and keep an eye on your input level with intuitive Gain Halo metering
- AD-DA Converters: Equipped with high-performance 24-bit/192kHz AD-DA converters, Scarlett guarantees the same professional sound quality throughout the third-generation range and Scarlett Solo's balanced outputs are hum-free when connecting studio monitors with balanced inputs, so you’ll always have pristine audio playback
The Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD USB 2.0 Platinum Bundle is a great home recording studio setup for anyone on a budget. However, make no mistake; this package provides high-quality sound recording too. Containing a Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface, condenser microphone, stereo headphones, a Fibertique cloth, and all the essential stereo cables, the Behringer U-PHORIA bundle has the tools to take your audio recording to the next level.
U-PHORIA UMC204hd is an audio interface that ensures professional audio quality. Featuring two mic preamplifiers with +48V phantom power, you can capture with a superb quality straight to your computer-based DAW. The unit features two ¼” TRS main balanced outputs, two combination XLR/TRS inputs, and four RCA phono unbalanced outputs, along with analog inserts for any signal processors. This interface provides a dedicated headphone output too.
Among the accessories given in this kit is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone, which is perfect for live performances, as well as studio recording. Although a mic stand is provided, it’s only small and best used by podcasters. Because of this, you will have to purchase your own. The closed-back headphones, however, are exactly what you need with 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response. You can even adjust the padded band for comfort.
This home recording bundle comes with DAW software, but is compatible with most popular recording software too, such as Ableton Live, Avid Pro Tools, and Steinberg Cubase. This means that you shouldn’t have any trouble getting your home studio up and running.
Although lacking a few helpful features, like monitors and a mic stand, this budget-friendly bundler works well for new musicians. Every component includes is of solid build quality, with the interface itself boasting an impact-resistant metal chassis.
- Audiophile 24-Bit/192 kHz resolution and 2 state-of-the-art Mic Preamplifiers with +48 V phantom power for studio-quality sound
- Zero-latency monitoring while recording, dedicated headphone output with volume control and monitor A/B source select for DJ-style cueing
- 2 combination XLR/TRS inputs, 2 1/4" TRS main balanced outputs, and4 RCA outputs, plus analog inserts for external effects such as compression and EQ
- MIDI input and output, compatible with popular recording software including Avid Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Steinberg Cubase, and more
- Bundled with the Pro condenser mic with cardioid polar pattern, Cables, professional closed-back headphones and Fibertique Cloth
The M-Audio Premium Studio Bundle is a home recording studio setup unlike any other. While many other recording kits focus on capturing audio alone, this one gives you the means to make music too. Along with an M-Track 2×2 USB audio interface, HDH40 headphones, a condenser microphone, a software bundle, and more, the M-Audio Premium Studio Bundle features an M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3 MIDI keyboard.
Unlike most other home recording studio bundles, the main attraction of this setup is the M-Audio Keystation 49 MK3 MIDI keyboard. This keyboard is perfect for sequencing music, as well as playing virtual instruments on a PC or Mac computer. Using the 49 full-sized keys, you can create and capture expressive and impressive performances. The keys themselves have a natural piano feel, and other features include octave controls, pitch bend, and a volume fader.
As far as audio interfaces go, the M-Track 2×2 USB is at the top of the class. Premium low-noise pre-amps, 24-bit/129kHz resolutions, pristine A/D converters, and zero latency combine together to create the hardware that you need to record quality audio. The microphone provided is a Nova Black Condenser Mic, which boasts a low self-noise design and high sensitivity. If that wasn’t enough, you’re also given HDH40 headphones that work to create a good listening experience.
If mobile song creation is up your street, then this bundle is ideal. Thanks to iOS connectivity support, you can easily make music using an iPad. Of course, this studio package is also compatible with Mac and PC computers.
Advanced functionality is what you’ll enjoy about this home recording studio setup. In addition to all the other features, this kit contains a MIDI keyboard, which can take your craft to the next level.
- Complete Recording Package - 2-In/2-Out 24/192 USB Audio Interface with Nova Black Condenser Microphone, Shockmount, XLR Cable and HDH40 Headphones
- Capture Every Detail - Premium component selection and 24-bit/192kHz resolution for professional recording and monitoring to your Mac to PC
- Low Latency - Hi-Speed USB / USB-C circuitry gives you the fastest connection, with a class-leading round trip latency of only 2.59ms; USB and USB-C connection cables included
- Pristine Studio Grade Capture - Transparent Crystal preamps and ultra-pristine A/D converters for unsurpassed audio recording quality
- Connectivity - XLR+¼” TRS combo input, (1) ¼” instrument input, stereo ¼” outs and ¼” headphone out with independent level control
The Tascam Trackpack 2×2 Complete Recording Studio Package combines ergonomic design with great audio quality to give you everything you need to create and capture music on your computer. Within this kit, you will find Tascam’s US-2×2 USB audio interface, a condenser microphone, headphones, and access to DAW software. While no monitors are included, you could upgrade your home recording studio later and purchase a pair of your own.
Tascam’s audio interface is a 2-in/2-out USB unit, which is bus powered from your computer. The audio design features music components of high-quality, including NE5532 op amps. The aluminum case of the US-2×2 features “bio-cell” side panels, which are both striking and practical. Aside from any aesthetic benefit, these panels angle to interface towards you, resulting in an ergonomic improvement.
TM-80 condenser mics are a great all-around microphone for both instrument and vocal recording. This microphone has a wide frequency response, and the unidirectional pickup pattern stops any recording from sounding too ambient. A table-top mic stand is included in this bundle too but isn’t the best accessory for musicians. For this reason, you should consider purchasing a floor mic stand too. The TH-02 headphones can be used for hours of comfortable continuous work, and the folding design allows them to be stored easily when you’re done.
With this bundle, you have all the essentials not just to record audio, but to record audio comfortably. The plush cushioned headphones and the ergonomic audio interface will allow you to make music for hours without any trouble.
- Includes TASCAM’s US-2x2 USB audio interface, TM-80 studio condenser microphone, TH-02 headphones, and Cakewalk SONAR X3 LE and Ableton Live Lite 9
- The US-2x2 is a 2-in/2-out USB interface, bus powered from your Mac or Windows computer
- The US-2x2 features Ultra-HDDA preamps for excellent noise and distortion specs, high-performance components for rich sound quality, and class-compliant drivers
- Featuring plush cushioned ear cuffs and a padded headband; the TH-02 headphones can be put to work for hours of comfortable use
- Both left and right ear-cuffs offer full 90˚ for flexibility when listening to your favorite albums, tracking for hours or performing all night